May 9th, 8am-noon, Salmon Creek Trail
Kick off the running season with our first annual 5k/10k run/walk! All proceeds go to support the ministry of Organic Gathering HeartChange.
Come run or walk with us on the beautiful Salmon Creek Trail. This out and back course is marked every 1/4 mile for your convenience. We’ll have an aid station at the 5k turnaround point (that means those of you that are doing the 10k get it twice!)
We will provide post-race snacks (fruit, bagels, etc.). All participants and spectators are encouraged to stick around for an after party! We have reserved the covered area in Klineline park. We will not be providing food during the after party, but there are BBQ pits available, etc.
Schedule of the day:
(Note We’ll be offering speciality coffee drinks and have our swag table set up, so feel free to bring a few bucks or your favorite form of plastic)
8:15 am – The festivities begin with a free 1/2 kid’s fun run that’s 1/2 mile
8:30 am – walkers start walking (both 5k and 10k)
8:45 am – 5k runners start
9:00 am – 10k runners start
Info about the race:
- When and where do I pick up my packet? Thursday and Friday evening we’ll be available at Felida Bible Church (3027 NW 119th St, Vancouver, WA 98685) from 6:30-8pm, for you to pick up your packet (with your race bib and other info). If you can’t make it to packet pick up, or didn’t get registered in time, we’d suggest coming early on race day (like 7:30) to register or pick up your packet then.
- Where should I park? There is a $3 per car parking fee for Klineline Pond/Salmon Creek Park. If you want you can park at the softball field parking, which is free (800 NE 117th St., Vancouver, 98685). It’s potentially closer to the race start/finish, but a bit farther from the after party. So if you intend to hang and out BBQ or whatever, you may want to just park at Klineline.
- Will the race be timed? Timing will be race bib #s and classic timing (people with a stop watches and megaphones :-). No chip timing.
- Will there be aid stations? at the turn around point for the 5k (10K will get it out and back)
- Will dogs allowed? While we know that many people love their four legged friends, we ask that you please leave them at home, in order to help us comply with park rules and be considerate to everyone involved.
- Will strollers be allowed? Yes you may run or walk with a stroller. We ask you to make sure to leave a passing lane on your left.
- Is this a charity run? Yes, after expenses have been paid for proceeds go towards Organic Gathering. Check out more about our ministry here.
- Will there be a gear check? No, you may store valuables in your car and parking is located close to the start and finish line. If you wear a sweatshirt that you want to be able to take off and toss (and not get back), we’ll collect them and donate them to Open House Ministries and Living Hope Church’s homeless ministry.
- Are there awards or medals? We do plan on offering awards and celebrated your awesomeness. We may offer finisher medals to everyone who completes the race.
- Is there a time limit? We start taking down the course starting from the end after 2 hours, so you have a little over 2 hours to finish your distance. If you believe you will need more time to complete the 10k you may start with the 5k runners.
- Is the course USAFT certified? No.
- Do kids have to register for the 5k? If they are 12-17 they can register at a discount. There are also family rates available. For those under 12 there will be a 1/2 fun run that does not require registration.
- Can I change my distance? Yes you can, email us or you can do it day of race and we will make the change. If you are changing to a more expensive event you can pay the difference day of race at the registration booth. Due to limitations of our registration process, we cannot refund the difference if you are moving to a shorter distance.
- Are headphones allowed? Headphones are allowed but please be alert as the course is open to the public and the park has many other activities going on.