Organic Gathering is a non-denominational organization and as such seeks to maintain unity within all evangelical/orthodox denominations within the realm of Christianity. For this reason we do not focus on secondary doctrines (those doctrines not explicitly taught in the Bible). An example of a primary doctrine would be the deity of Christ. While secondary doctrines exist within certain denominations, they are not required for salvation nor do they serve the purpose of unity. If anyone representing Organic Gathering is asked what their opinion is, it is expected that they will state their opinion and also be respectful in their view of other people’s opinions that also fall within orthodox Christianity.
Below is the Apostle’s Creed, which contains the core doctrine we adhere to:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the true Christian church of all times and all places, the unity of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
Additionally, we affirm the following:
- The inerrancy of the entire Bible as the divinely inspired Word of God.
- God is three in one: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God, took on human flesh through a virgin birth, died on a cross to pay for our sins, bodily rose from the dead, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will one day judge the living and the dead, reigning as King over all.
- All humans are sinners, and unless they receive by God’s Spirit the gift of God’s redemption through the atonement of Christ before they die, they are eternally damned. The redeemed have heaven to eternally enjoy with God.
- We believe that human life begins at fertilization, and is designed with binary gender, either male or female. God established the institution of marriage as the union of one man and one woman in a lifelong covenant relationship, and His design for the continuance of humanity is through the procreation and discipleship of children within the marriage union. Marriage is intended by God to portray the relationship between Jesus Christ and his Church; therefore, every believer in Christ is responsible to honor God’s design for marriage, abstaining from sexual relations outside of marriage and embracing within marriage the equal worth and complementary responsibilities of husbands and wives.